Some days, especially on Mondays, you just want to come home and relax and not do anything. This afternoon I had every intention to finish my book and watch The Office. Basically, my plans did not involve cooking and another blog post in any way.
Hmmmm, I wonder how that plan went. I didn’t feel like reading another chapter and I had squash calling my name. Every time I opened the fridge, it was like ‘eattttttttt meeeeeeeee!’ I also had carbs on the mind. Last week Design Love Fest posted a recipe for her light summer pasta. I took this recipe, along with all the eat me now or never produce in my fridge, and ran with it. May I present to you my version of Light Summer Pasta with Lemon & Shrimp. Easy, fresh, and satisfying
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup shrimp, peeled and de-veined
3 tbs ricotta cheese
1 zucchini squash, quartered
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup yellow sunburst tomatoes
4 mini sweet yellow peppers, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
zest of 1/2 a lemon
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tbs olive oil
2 tsp basil
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tbs Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini squash, garlic, and dried basil leaves. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Next add sweet peppers, tomatoes, shrimp, lemon juice and zest,and remaining spices. Saute for 15 more minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and cook rainbow pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, roast veggies and shrimp in the oven for about 20 minutes. I topped with diced bacon as an alternative to prosciutto.
- Finally, toss roasted veggies, Greek yogurt, baby spinach, and pasta in your saucepan. Top with freshly ground black pepper & sea salt and ricotta cheese.
Cheers to an easy dinner! Cheers to another Monday come and gone!